The IACP, in partnership with the Department of Justice’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), will deploy, in select law enforcement departments, evidence-based and best practices Youth Focused Policing strategies to reduce juvenile offending, re-offending and victimization. In the coming year, IACP will:
- Select and engage four pilot sites
- Develop and operationalize YFP strategic plan
- Implement self-assessment tool for pilot agencies
- Develop a youth risk and protective factor Information Exchange Package Documentation (IEPD) and Data Collection Instrument for law enforcement
- Produce a Youth Focused Policing Toolkit for chiefs.